1. New Passport Application Procedure as of 1 October 2019
All horses competing in any discipline need to have an SAEF passport.
Please ensure that you are aware of the SAEF passport application procedures.
To apply for a new passport:
Southern Africa FEI Group IX Passport Application Form here
- Download the FEI Group IX Passport application form above.
- Please complete the form and send it along with the proof of payment to email@example.com. The cost of a passport is R220. If the passport needs to be sent to the horse owner, it is R130 for Postnet courier charges. Should you require door-to-door, please mail Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org for the cost estimate from Bex.
- Once the completed application has been received, a single page of the horse identification page is returned to the horse owner, or you can download the SAEF Horse ID centre page here. This ID page must be completed and stamped by a registered vet.
- Once this is done, the horse owner must scan the document back to email@example.com Upon receipt thereof, the SAEF will complete the application, issue a passport and courier the passport back to the applicant.
Vaccinations are the responsibility of the owner/rider and these need to be administered, recorded, signed, and stamped by a qualified veterinarian. As of 14 February 2019, the SAEF will no longer check or validate vaccinations.
3. Change of Ownership:
Download the SAEF Change of Ownership Form here.
Please note that the previous owner has to sign the change of ownership form.
4. Cost of Passports and other Documentation
New Group IX (green) Passport – R220
New FEI (purple) Passport and Registration R4750 (subject to exchange rate)
Change of Ownership – R150
5. FEI Application forms
Download FEI Passport applications here.
2022 FEI Rider Registration @ R400.00
2022 FEI Horse Registration @ R750.00